midi [USB-HOST]

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
davechapman265

Post by davechapman265 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:21 am

I have Sibelius 7, computer has windows 7 home, keyboard is CVP 307, they are connected through USB = HOST. The piano contacts the computer perfectly but the computer does not playback the computer. In Sibelius playback the CVP 307 is present in grey colour but I cannot activate it. I have an instruction book but I am old and stupid and cannot understand it. Can any body please help in simple language? Many thanks, Dave Chapman.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:56 pm

1) have you properly installed the latest and correct drivers for the USB to piano connection? If not, then download and install them. They're here:
http://download.yamaha.com/usb_midi/
2) Then set up a new playback configuration in Sibelius that uses the CVP for playback rather than Sibelius sounds - you'll need to use the General MIDI soundset for this, I think, as I don't think anyone's created a specific soundset for the CVP307.

That should get you going.

PS: Understanding Yamaha manuals isn't easy - at any age!!

davechapman265

Post by davechapman265 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:25 am

Many thanks for your help but I phoned Yamaha and they told me that the problem was with Sibelius 7, and it was the Sib 7 handbook which I did not understand. I pressed and unknown number of various buttons and it is now working perfectly. Many thanks again, Dave Chapman.

Wanted

Post by Wanted » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:41 am

he CVP for playback rather than Sibelius sounds - you'll need to use the General MIDI soundset for this,