Latency on Rolland UM-ONE MK2

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
pnedic

Post by pnedic » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Hello

Does anybody use USB-MIDI intarface from the subject ?
I have this one and connected my Rolland el.piano (HP237) to the computer and everything is ok except the (well known) latency of notation when I play the piano in Sibelius recording mode. It's about one sixteenth (or thirty-second) late. So the notation is totaly messed up.
There is some info and some videos on the net regarding this problems, but I could not find that someone with this Rolland midi interface has solved this latency.
I will try all suggested solutions and inform if solve the problem.

Thanks Peter !

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:36 pm

I thought I read somewhere that another person with this problem listened to their keyboard output (with headphones) and not Sibelius' output.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

pnedic

Post by pnedic » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 am

Yesterday, I installed Sibelius sounds and in the Play davices selected that option. Set the buffer to be 1024 and it was much better situation. When I select 1024 buffer then I get 26ms latency. But still sometimes it has problem on the first bar. Unfortunatelly if I select play device to be Sibelius sound, than it plays through sound card, not on my piano. But this is not such problem.
Also I've installed ASIO4ALL driver, but didnt's have much time to check it.

So, I've found, let's say, partial solution.

pnedic

Post by pnedic » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:09 am

bobp wrote:I thought I read somewhere that another person with this problem listened to their keyboard output (with headphones) and not Sibelius' output.
Hm, initially the sound was played by my keyboard (using speakers, not headphones), but the problem was still present.