MIDI data to microtonal accidentals conversion

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
purpureus
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by purpureus » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi all,

does anybody of you know, if there exists a way to “translate” MIDI-informations of microtonal notes (the pitch-shift-value for quartertones) in real quartertone-accidentals in Sibelius?

I created a transcription which contains quartertones and then I transformed it in a MIDI-file (xml-export with that software is not possible) . I opened it in Sibelius, but obviously quartertone-accidentals were missing, but the pitch-shift-informations (like ~B 0,64) are indicated as invisible objects. It would be amazing if there would be a plugin to translate this Midi-information in real accidentals.

Thanks in advance!!

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:26 pm

There is a section in the manual about microtonal notes and how to get them to play. If the included plug-in doesn't do what you want, there are a large number of plug-ins available from Avid for free. One of them might work.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

purpureus
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by purpureus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:56 am

Thanks Bob for the answer, but the problem is not the playback of microtonal notes, but the conversion of "raw" MIDI-data in real microtonal accidentals in Sibelius.
I checked all plugins on the Sibelius-website, but I didn't find a plugin which could do that.

thx!

best,
H