Key Response problem

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
tombikadam
Sibelius Version: 7.5

Post by tombikadam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:50 am

I tried to record some couple bars of music my korg pa600 but when I play one note, the sound comes after half of a second, I don't have an external soundcard (I have onboard), could it be the problem?

tombikadam
Sibelius Version: 7.5

Post by tombikadam » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:57 am

I learned that the problem stems from the buffer size when you use a DAW to record, does sibelius have buffer settings too?

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your korg.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:52 am

If you're just using your Korg as a controller keyboard and not using its sounds for playback, then the issue is good old latency, caused by your on board soundchip. It takes time for your chip to convert the note-on signals from the Korg into sound. Download and install ASIO4ALL and you should be able to get the latency down to a manageable level. Buffer size is not a DAW or Sibelius setting, but one from your audio system's drivers, and this setting is indeed the one that will affect latency.

If you're connecting your Korg to the computer via USB then yes, do download and install the latest drivers, but this is unlikely to alter the latency issue itself.

If you're planning on playing live into Sibelius, please read this - probably several times! :) http://www.sibeliusblog.com/tips/taming ... ncy-beast/