playback after altering some notes in a score

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
juliefox
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Windows

Post by juliefox » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi

I have lots and lots of problems with playback playing the original version of the score it played once and then if I make a change it continues playing the original and not the amended version of the score.

Can any one help me how to get it to play the newest version of the score? I've looked and looked in the online instruction book and on the internet and can find nothing how to put this right. :x

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Sibelius version?
PC/Mac?
Operating System?
Version of Sibelius sounds installed?
Bass Clarinet patch installed?

juliefox

Post by juliefox » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Windows 10 so PC
Sibelius 7.1
never specifically installed a bass clarinet patch, but then I have not got a bass clarinet part, its just Bb, (treble) and sometimes it works ok.
I installed it recently so I presume its the latest Sibelius sounds.

Why would it all of a sudden stop working with the existing Sibelius sounds what ever it is, when its not muted in mixer? All I was trying to do was to get Sibelius playback to take notice and play my alteration, I don't think I altered anything when doing that, and then I go back to the music and it stops playing clarinet and flute, when it played it before perfectly with the existing set up.

BTW I'm not sure where you find out which version of Sib sounds you have.

andyg

Post by andyg » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:28 pm

I assume 7.1.3 is the version.

The bass clarinet patch is only needed for Sib 7.5.

Is it just this score that has the problem? Try creating a short piece from scratch using the same instruments and see if that works.

In the Ribbon, Play > Configuration, then use the small arrow next to Setup to see what configuration you're using. The right hand pane should show that you're using Sibelius Player and Sibelius 7 Sounds, with the Configuration also being called Sibelius 7 Sounds.

juliefox

Post by juliefox » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:12 pm

On the pull down menu the version I usually have ticked is Sibelius 7 though I do use Jazz and chamber music versions from time to time. On the other list you mention it says its Sibelius Sounds that is being used, and in any case Microsoft GS synth is greyed out.

andyg

Post by andyg » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:40 am

It should be "Sibelius 7 Sounds" rather than just "Sibelius Sounds" - unless you have Sibelius 6 sounds on there as well.

Not sure what you've done then, or if some unwanted update to Win 10 has messed things up. You might do well to ask this question on the official Sibelius help site: http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3

More experts on there, I think there are only three or four of us answering questions here.