Piano only playing, playback ignoring flute &Clarinet

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
juliefox
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Windows

Post by juliefox » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:44 pm

In addition to playing old version of my score (see my other recent post), playback now is failing to play my flute and clarinet lines above the piano score. It only plays piano. I've checked "mixer" and flute and clarinet are on max and not muted. The flute and clarinet sounds are ones I have used often on this same computer, so its not like they are missing sounds. I am using Sibelius Sounds, so why on earth won't it suddenly not play flute and clarinet parts above the piano any more when it did it at first. GRRRR!

Any one any suggestions what is going on and how to correct it? I've even Control A to highlight the whole score before playing back and still I only get piano :x

juliefox
Sibelius Version: 7

Post by juliefox » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Is there no one out there who knows how to make sure other instruments besides the piano play. I'm facing the same problem again today as I did in August last year, and I could sure do with fixing it within the next hour or so, in order to learn a part for tomorrow. :o

I have clarinet and piano on this score. Piano is great, fine, not a problem, but I can't hear anything on the clarinet stave. I've made sure clarinet volume is up on mixing desk.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Julie,
What happens if you change the flute and clarinet parts to another instrument. Like piano. Just to be able to hear them, not as a fix.

Does a clarinet note sound if you click on it? Can you play the sample sound in the mixer? If not, try these two things. Try the second one first. If that doesn't work, try the first. If neither works close the score without saving and OE score won't be changed.

This score might be corrupt. Try this:(1) Copy the flute and clarinet parts to the clipboard. Delete those two lines from the score. Add flute and clarinet to the score, and paste the music back into those lines. One instrument at a time might be easier.

Or (2) add a flute an clarinet line to the score as it is, Copy and paste the flute and clarinet parts into the new lines.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

mrbruno7447
Sibelius Version: 7.5

Post by mrbruno7447 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:32 am

I'm having the same problem with a band score. Only the Alto Saxophones are playing. It's like Sibelius Player forgot the other instruments' samples. I say Sibelius Player because i tried it with different samples (that have inferior quality) and they all work. Only Sibelius Player is doing this.
One thing I noticed is that in the mixer, those colored displays of volume (those that go from green to red. I don't know their names) show that the individual instruments are playing, but the one on the right that displays Sibelius Player doesn't move (If the Alto Saxophones, the only ones that work, are muted).
Also when I load up older versions I saved from this piece, the sound works fine.

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:57 am

mrbruno.

I take it that the earlier versions are less complete. Try this. On, for example, the flute part, copy from the corrupt file, the part starting where the earlier file leaves off, and paste into the earlier file. If the flute part plays from that point, you know what you have to do.

Why did this happen in the first place. Maybe there's something in the water.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop