Playback not working after using AKAI LPK 25

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Flossaine
Sibelius Version: First
Operating System: Mac

Post by Flossaine » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:05 pm

I bought an AKAI LPK 25 to use with my version of Sibelius .

When I came to playback the score the cursor wouldn't move and there was no playback. When I removed the LPK25 the playback worked perfectly. I think I have by mistake clicked something in the configuration as I now seem to have three midi set ups. Basic 2 and 3. I don't know how I got those or how to sort from the beginning.

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon May 01, 2017 1:08 am

We need to know what version of Sibelius you have and what type of computer.
Generally external keyboards work fine as long as the latest drivers are installed. Just because you may have just bought it, doesn't mean it hasn't been on the shelf for a while, and in need of updated drivers.

Do you really want midi for playback?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon May 01, 2017 8:02 am

The LPK25 is a small, entry level input keyboard. It has no sounds, so should not appear as an option for playback.

1) Your playback configuration needs to go back to whatever it was before you plugged in the LPK.
2) According to the Akai site, "no drivers are required". I avoid products like this, as an update to an operating system like Mac OS, or a new O/S like Windows 10 often makes that statement false and nothing can be done about it. Stick with products that the manufacturer supports properly.