How do i export just using virtual sounds.

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
Steve2101
Sibelius Version: first
Operating System: Windows

Post by Steve2101 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi there, I have recently installed the free trail of Sibelius First. Earlier today I completed my first composition, I am pleased with it and want to share it to my soundcloud, however to do this I need to be able to export my project which I am not able to do. When I try I receive a message saying "You can't use this playback configuration for exporting audio because it does not contain any virtual instruments. Please choose a different playback configuration from above" Except I have no other playback configurations except the General MIDI (basic) which was the configuration I first tried exporting in. Is they away to create a sound configuration? Do I need the full version? How do I create this configuration? And can you please explain step by step and as basic as possible because being new to the software I struggle to understand some more difficult and lack of detailed instructions, like I have seen in the FAQ section. Many thanks.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:11 am

The demo version only has midi. Even the full version can not export midi, only full Sibelius sounds, or other added sounds.
The demo version can not export or save.
So, yes, you need the full version.
The demo is only to see how the software works.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop