Sibelius Sounds 7 Patches Loading Incorrectly

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
TheBandGeek
Sibelius Version: 8.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by TheBandGeek » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi there,
This is a very odd problem that I didn't encounter until recently. Sibelius Sounds 7 LITE works perfectly fine with playback. However, I currently have a whole concert band score layout setup, and when I load Sibelius Sounds 7 (not the lite version, the actual version), no patches load EXCEPT for the bass clarinet patch. And same problem when I go to export audio as mp3, I only get export from the bass clarinet patch. I've restarted multiple times, both the computer and program. I've also tried it on all different audio drivers, from DS to WASAPI to ASIO. Help please!! Thank you.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:34 pm

I've never heard of your problem before. Interestingly enough, there is a bass clarinet upgrade patch available for Sib.7. You get it from your Avid account download page. Also make sure all your sound drivers are up to date.
If that doesn't work there are some folders that can be deleted that fix playback problems

What version of Sibelius and what OS do you have?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

TheBandGeek
Sibelius Version: 8.2

Post by TheBandGeek » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:23 pm

HI There,
Thanks for the response. Problem still persists. I’m on latest 17.10.0 and Windows.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:10 am

Please post the following information (Screenshots):
Playback devices dialog
Audio Engine Options Dialog
A snap of the folder properties in which the sound library resides it'll be in a folder, probably the default, (I can't remember where that is as I moved mine to an external drive ages ago!) showing the size. (Rt-click on the folder and choose properties.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk