Mark the recognition aera

Discuss Photo Score issues here.
triangle
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by triangle » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:39 am

PhotoScore 8 has a very high recognition rate. Fantastically. I work on providing almost daily with PhotoScore 8.
I write many piano accompaniment playalogs, but I am a bad pianist.
However, I miss a function. How do I mark in PhotoScore 8 in a PDF-File the area which should be recognised by PhotoScore? PhotoScore recognises always whole pages. Example: I want to process only on first page the last line and on second page the first line. Photo Score always recognise all lines. Later I must search and delete the unnecessary bars in Sibelius.

Is there a solution?

many greets from Munich
triangle

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:32 pm

I don't think you can do that in Photoscore. Maybe a pdf editor would help?

You can deselect lines in the re-scan area at the top of each scanned page - click on the blue staff lines and press delete, then re-scan. This is a bit messy, as the original page layout is left but with extra blank space. Rescoring doesn't seem to help much from what I've tried.

Frankly you may be better off doing the rest with Sibelius. Photoscore is great for scanning whole or parts of scores, and making musical corrections but not so good for general editing, page layouts and so on.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

triangle

Post by triangle » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:14 pm

OK, an external PDF-editor is good. I use scan2pdf. It is easy to separate parts of a page and save it in a new small pdf-page in the same document. In PhotoScore I enter only the small page.
Today my PhotoScore read 12 short documents and it was realy fast.
Thank you for tip.

triangle

triangle

Post by triangle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:41 am

...but it whould be much easier, if there where an frame-tool inside a pdf-file in photoscore to mark the recognition area.

Next version?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:42 pm

Yes, you can manually recognise staves in PS. I do this all the time. Sometimes, a PDF has a smaller staff for some reason and PS does not handle this well. However, on those pages, you click and drag over each staff and you will get a ghost staff. Drag until it meets the end of the system. You may have to manually adjust these staves, but it's not that onerous to do. To join staves together that don't do this automatically, click the first one then [alt]-click each one in turn. You can tell if they are joined by the pink line on the left. Just be careful not to move the staves when you are clicking.

All this is in the manual. It's worth reading!
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk