PhotoScore Hardware

Discuss Photo Score issues here.
bratschenbrenner
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by bratschenbrenner » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:51 pm

Hi there,

I just wonder, if there are any secrets about the hardware, I should know.

I use PhotoScore 7 Ultimate on Win 10 with the bugdet-scanner/printer: Canon MG 2950

I've learned that the dpi-solution might be important to the results. But my scanner has the range for the most I guess.

Anybody out there know some secrets or something I never should do??

Thanks in advance...

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:34 am

TBH, I don't rate cheap Canon scanners. The last two I had were not as reliable as they might have been on Win 10. I'm currently using a HP ScanJet 200 which is fine for Photoscore.The quality of the original is the most important factor for Photoscore success.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

bratschenbrenner
Sibelius Version: 8

Post by bratschenbrenner » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Thanks a lot for the response!

I just tried again, and I tried switching the "Interface" in "Scanner Setup" to "TWAIN scanner default"!

Works like a wonder!
98% correct

Now I could even choose "grayscale", (I guess coloured scan just destroys the %-rate) and I could see a preview.

Before the settings were on "Photoscore" and it scanned only a very small window of my sheet.
I remember I used some settings a week ago, where I could choose a scanwindow. I couldn't find it again. I guess, that screwed up the "Photoscore"-Interface in the settings.

Thanks again a lot. Means much to me! :D