convert scorch file to PDF ?

Disucssion of all scorch issues.
dakol

Post by dakol » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:42 pm

i bought a partition and i realized, it was a "scorch" file.

1) I can only view it on the website where i bought it.
2) it can only be seen on <b>Windows</b>
3) i can only print it <b>ONE</b> time but i fails to print to PDF

So it seems i got <b>f***ked</b>.

Is there a way to print to a <b>PDF</b> or another usefull file format
so i can really use what i have paid for ?

thank you.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:52 pm

dakol wrote: i can only print it <b>ONE</b> time but i fails to print to PDF
I guess you have a virtual PDF printer installed, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't print; (if you haven't, download something like PDF995).

In extreme cases I view each page (or half-page) and press Print Screen, which copies the screen to the Windows Clipboard. I then save it in any graphics program I happen to have available, then view the next page (or half page) and repeat the process.

(The reason I often grab half pages is so that the resolution is high enough for later scanning with PhotoScore or printing/reading later.)

dakol

Post by dakol » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Sebasian wrote:
dakol wrote: i can only print it <b>ONE</b> time but i fails to print to PDF
I guess you have a virtual PDF printer installed, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't print; (if you haven't, download something like PDF995).

In extreme cases I view each page (or half-page) and press Print Screen, which copies the screen to the Windows Clipboard. I then save it in any graphics program I happen to have available, then view the next page (or half page) and repeat the process.

(The reason I often grab half pages is so that the resolution is high enough for later scanning with PhotoScore or printing/reading later.)
i tried cutePDF and PDFcreator.
I seems that the Scorch plugins detect Printers which prints to files...
There is a pop-up somethin like:"can not print to file"

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:20 am

dakol wrote: I seems that the Scorch plugins detect Printers which prints to files...
Yes, by coincidence I discovered this myself just after I'd replied to your question.

Vergel71

Post by Vergel71 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:37 pm

Vergel71 wrote:try these instructions . .
See previous thread.

BeefMilk

Post by BeefMilk » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:11 pm

dakol wrote:Is there a way to print to a <b>PDF</b> or another usefull file format
so i can really use what i have paid for ?
Yes, you can print it to file and this is an solution:
1. Switch OFF your printer. Must be OFF not ON.
2. Start printing.
3. Go to the folder where printer spool files are created. For example in WIN XP it can be C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS
or to find out which folder is used just Google "server spool folder location".
4. Copy file *.spl (with extension SPL) and paste in save location/folder of your choice.
5. Download and install freeware SPL files viewer http://www.lvbprint.de/SplViewSetup.exe (in German only but it is ease to use)
6. Start SplView and drag and drop saved *.spl file into SplView window.
7. Now you can re-print the file as many times as you want, you can print to file or PDF creator of your choice (Datei>Drucken) or you can copy and paste for example into image editor (Bearbeiten>Kopieren).
8. Now you can turn ON your printer, it should resume printing normally.

musicampo

Post by musicampo » Tue May 18, 2010 11:59 am

It's very much easy than all. If you have Office 2007 and OneNote installed...
Yeah. It works! ;-)

axslinger

Post by axslinger » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Hey, I registered just to say thanks for this post! I purchase tabs from various sites and they distribute them using Scorch. I have no intention of distributing them but only having one copy on paper makes me nervous. This way I can print to OneNote then PDF and have a safe copy! Thanks again.

Ax

idbtao

Post by idbtao » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:34 pm

In extreme cases I view each page (or half-page) and press Print Screen, which copies the screen to the Windows Clipboard. I then save it in any graphics program I happen to have available, then view the next page (or half page) and repeat the process.???
GuL