Sibelius sound not working

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
hiddenskies

Post by hiddenskies » Wed May 19, 2010 6:18 am

I'm having trouble with sound on sibelius. Sound working fine on al other programs, and the sibelius start-up music works. I have Sibelius 6 on a Mac.
In play- playback devices, i selected the sibelius sounds configuration but there are no active devices shown, only available devices, and i can't/ don't know how to move them.
Please help!

When i press play the green bar moves, but nothing is heard. Nothing has been muted & nothing makes sense.

Let me know if you know what's going on

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Wed May 19, 2010 5:51 pm

hiddenskies wrote:there are no active devices shown, only available devices
"Available Devices" are only there to be added to an existing or new Configuration. When you choose from the Configuration drop-down list, devices should appear in the right-hand column (Active Devices). For instance, if you select the Sibelius Sounds Configuration the right-hand column should show:

Sibelius Player . . . Sibelius Sounds . . . Essentials

If this doesn't happen, something very wrong with your Configurations, since in Sibelius 6 you ought not to be able to delete or edit the default configurations (General MIDI Basic, General MIDI Enhanced and Sibelius Sounds).

Try starting a new Configuration (click on New) and add some Available Devices (click "Activate") to the new Configuration, then Save.

hiddenskies

Post by hiddenskies » Thu May 20, 2010 8:23 am

thanks so much, adding the new configuration worked, i dont know what was wrong, but now there is that one in the right hand column :)