OS X Mavericks

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
kvitske

Post by kvitske » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi! I'm testing Sibelius 7 in the Developer Preview (so not a final version) of OS X Mavericks. A lot of things are running very smoothly, but there is one rather huge problem: no other windows except the main window, will show. So no mixer, keypad, even engraving rules or house styles. If I open house styles, for example, the menu bar of the main score window will turn white, indicating it is not the active window anymore, but I don't see the house style window. If I press return, then, the first house style is selected (I can see the formatting change), so I think the window must be somewhere, but it's just not visible.
Can anyone think of a fix for this? Or is this just one of the bugs that will have to be fixed by the Sibelius developers?

Thank you very much in advance!

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:35 am

This question has been raised a few places. No one seems to know if the two will be compatible or not. Think about it. This is , what, the second Mac OS to come out since Sibelius 7 was released. As you may know, things are kind of backed up at Avid.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

kvitske

Post by kvitske » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:41 am

I think it must have something to do with the way the windows are drawn. I noticed a lot of small aesthetic changes in Sibelius when comparing Mountain Lion (the previous OS X) to Mavericks, that are obviously not dictated by Sibelius since that's still the same.

kvitske

Post by kvitske » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:39 am

It seems that, with todays update to Developer Preview 4, things have been fixed. :)