Sibelius 7.5.1 upgrade

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
peter2305
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by peter2305 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:26 pm

I am a fairly light user of Sibelius and consequently not that experienced. I usually use it for producing scores of organ or choral music from time to time and am running version 7.1.3 . I realise that there is a recent version 8.5 available for approx GBP 150 but I feel that at my level of use, I don't need it. However I really wish I could upgrade to v 7.5 and wonder if this is still possible?

I am finding it quite difficult to fathom how to allocate or change the instrument I hear at playback and usually need to hear either Organ or voices. To my ears the organ sound is very poor and unrealistic and is like a bad synthesizer. Is there an easy guide somewhere how to do this?

I am running Sibelius on my pc with Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thanks.

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:49 pm

I don't think you can upgrade to 7.5 any more. Check the downloads section of the Avid web site to find out for sure. At least make sure you have all the updates for your version.

The default organ is only a few flute stops. You can change the registration just as you would the real thing. You'll need to spend some time in the manual. Most people just what a big organ sound. To do this select the first note of the organ part and in Technique Text type "Full Organ" .

BTW, you can also have voices sing "oo" or "ah".

You can also change instruments in the mixer. Ever wonder how that organ part would sound on piano or strings, instead?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

peter2305
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by peter2305 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Thanks for your advice Bob.