Dotted/Dashed Lines (Slurs) Never Magnetic

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
dugarner

Post by dugarner » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:33 pm

I have read through the slur/dotted slur section in the Reference manual, and googled around to see if someone else has a problem. I hope this is a setting I changed inadvertently somewhere, and won't require a reinstall. Maybe someone here can help me. I want to draw dotted slurs in a vocal score.

I can select the beginning note in my score (let's use Voice 1) and it will highlight blue. I click "S" and the magnetic slur is drawn perfectly.

However, if I select a note for a dotted line and click "L," it highlights blue, and as I would expect, and the Lines menu pops up. I choose the correct above/below dotted line, and when I click "OK," instead of drawing the magnetic dotted line, I have to click on the notehead again, and it draws a red non-magnetic slur. Then I have to do CTRL + Shift + P to Reset the Position and get my magnetic dotted line back in the right spot.

Does anyone know what setting I may have changed that is causing the system to think I have NOT selected the note before going into the Lines menu?

Thanks!

Sarah

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:32 pm

What version of Sibelius do you have?
There is no "OK" to click in 7.5.1. And probably later.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

dugarner

Post by dugarner » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:32 pm

I have 6.2. It worked fine until about a week ago. I changed a few settings in Engraving Rules but nothing pertaining to slurs.

I suspect I will need to re-install, but I was hoping someone might know what I did that caused the software to think I hadn't selected the note before inserting the dotted slurs.

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Or you might try resetting defaults for various menu items you suspect. Or a repair. Though reinstall never hurt.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

stevenedis
Sibelius Version: 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by stevenedis » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:28 pm

In Preferences>Mouse, for "When you create an object...", make sure "it appears near the current selection" is ticked (NOT "click the mouse to position it").
My suspicion is this setting has been inadvertently changed.
I know your problem superficially is nothing to do with the mouse, but there you go.

Steve