Sibelius 8.6 and Windows 10

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Mike77
Sibelius Version: 8.6
Operating System: Windows

Post by Mike77 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello. I upgraded to 8.6 and now have no audio options in the preferences boxes. Sibelius plays its tune when I turn it on but will not play back projects. My old configurations are present and I have selected different Audio Engibes but there are no available devices showing at all. I have rebooted since the upgrade. Advice appreciated please.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Some thoughts:
Did you have a previous version of Sibelius on this computer? If so, what version? Sibelius 8 uses v 7 sounds. I don't know if you can use v 6 sounds. Sounds are a different download.
You should have Sibelius Player on the right side of the Playback Devices window. Select it, and one of the Sibelius sound libraries in the upper left.
Make sure Use Virtual Instruments is checked in Audio Engine Options.
While there, try different audio drivers.
I know you said there are no playback devices. That makes me thing you didn't download everything. Sibelius 8 should have asked you where the sounds are the first time you started it.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Bob's correct. If you didn't do the huge download (23+GB) of the V7.5 sounds, then do so. Let the installer put it where it wants to. If you start playing around with locations, that can cause problems!