hiding bars?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
fatboy03

Post by fatboy03 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:14 am

hi guyz!
:( i need help, how do i hide sum bars everywhere in a song? ex: bar 1 hidden but bar 2 visible etc, etc?

thanks in advance.
:) fatboy

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:01 am

There are two ways to hide bars. One is to select the bars you want, and use Layout > HIde Empty Staves. Use this if you have long passages of empty staves you want to hide. It only works for whole systems - that is, you can't start or stop this way half-way across the page.

For the other way to hide bars you need to make sure they are empty, or hide all the notes and rests: select them and use CTRL-SHIFT-H to hide.

Click on an empty part of the first bar you want to see after the hidden section. use Create > Staff Type Change > Pitched > 5 Lines (or whatever kind of staff you want). A grey rectangle should appear just before the bar (if you have View > Hidden Objects switched on). You can copy this rectangle to any other staves you need to hide.

You will still see the staves at this point - so far all you have done is make sure the staves come back again after the hidden section.

Now click on an empty part of the first bar you want to disappear. Use Create > Staff Type Change > Pitched > No lines (Hidden). Unless this is the first bar of the piece, you will see another grey rectangle. Copy this to all the other staves you need to hide.

If it's the first bar, for some reason these markers are not shown and you will have to do each staff seperately.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:32 pm

thanks lurker!!!!!!!!! :D