Help me choose a laptop

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
Forzadav

Post by Forzadav » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Hello everyone, i just bought sibelius 5 with the choral cd and the personal garritan orchestra. I intended in buying my laptop first but when i saw the price discount on their website i just ordered.

So now i need a laptop and any help would be much appreciated as my head is swimming having read so much the past week. I need the laptop to be able to playback orchestral compositions.

I thought about either the macbook pro 17 inch with core duo 2.6ghz, 4gb ram, and 320gb 7200 rpm hard drive.

or alienware M17 Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9100 2.26GHz, 4gb ram, 320gb 7200 rpm hard drive, internal high definition audio with surround sound, 32 bit windows vista.

These are pricey laptops Ive also just noticed a website called music-pc.com that builds systems, its a laptop really that i need.

also inta-audio.com build, has anyone bought from them?s laptops for music creation and they seem to great specs for much cheaper price.

If anyone can give any info about using sibelius on their own laptop that would be great too.

Thanks for any help that you can give me, its much appreciated. :D

jmshap

Post by jmshap » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:50 am

Have you thought about a regular MacBook? The new ones are very fast and they are much cheaper than the pro's. Unless, of course, you really want the 17" monitor.

jayendra

Post by jayendra » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:27 am

Ask someone wether they like mac sib or pc sib.

I've been a pc sib and now I'm a mac sib - has its advantages I think.

I do miss the 'tile windows vert/hori' function of windows though. And the macbook doesn't have much screen real estage - but you have hot corners and expose and spaces.

The aluminum macbooks - the trackpad does extra things compared to the white macbooks - worth seeing what you can assign sibelius to do with that trackpad for easy nav etc

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:02 pm

You guys looked at the date on the OP! :D

jayendra

Post by jayendra » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:34 pm

yeah I noticed that after i posted ;)