Sibelius 6.1 and Windows 7 64 Bit- no menu bar/fonts/letters

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
SirJohn

Post by SirJohn » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi,

I have installed Sibelius 6.1 Demo on a Win 7 64 bit System and have got some strange Problems that you can see on the attached file.

When I start Sibelius in XP or Vista mode, the displayed menu size is correct, but the fonts or letters are missing.

I am working on a acer aspire Laptop with a dual boot system (win7 64 bit and Vista 32 bit) - on my Vista system (32 bit) everything works fine.

1st screenshot: Sibelius started in xp or vist mode (windows 7)
2nd screenshot: Sibelius started in normal windows 7 mode
Attachments
Sibelius6.1Windows7-2.JPG
Sibelius6.1Windows7-2.JPG (41.88 KiB) Viewed 20662 times
Sibelius6.1Windows7.JPG
Sibelius6.1Windows7.JPG (45.78 KiB) Viewed 20662 times
Last edited by SirJohn on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:02 pm

SirJohn wrote:on my Vista system everything works fine.
Then don't use it in XP or Windows 7 mode. There are slightly different instalation issues for Vista and Windows 7, though Sibelius will work in both and is supported for both. The issues are usually to do with accounts, and if you installed as an Administrator on one OS you may not be properly recognised in another.

If this were to happen with a non-Demo version you would probably need to install separately in each partition, or at least fiddle with accounts or, possibly, install the fonts differently.

There are some discussions on this (though not on your exact problem) on the official Sibelius technical chat page www.sibelius.com/helpcenter

SirJohn

Post by SirJohn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:05 pm

I`ve installed Sibelius on both partitions - on my Vista 32 bit it works - but on my Win 7 64 I´ve got these problems.

I have installed also the scorch plugin because I`ve read that it automatically installs also the sibelius fonts, but nothing has changed. :cry:

SirJohn

Post by SirJohn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:14 am

When I start Win7 in safe mode, everything is displayed correct (but audio drivers are not loaded).
After disabling Aero and switching back to the classic windows stile, some of the errors are gone: at least the words "file, create,..." in the menu bar are there, but when I try to open files I can see just thumbnails of the files but there are no words in the opening explorer window.

I installed virtual pc and started Sibelius 6.1 in XP-Mode and it works - it seems to be the only working way to use Sibelius under windows 7 for me.

unplug44

Post by unplug44 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:36 am

I just restarted everything and imediactly after windows 7 64 bits i instaled Sibelius 6.1. I went on installing my programs and always checking Sibelius after each install.
After instaling Acrobat 9 extended the problem appeared. I corrected the Acrobat installation, removing CAD acess and stuff like that, and installing just what i needed (make, edit and read PDFs). et voilá :lol: Sibelius is running ans Acrobat also ;).
I hope Sibelius or Adobe will solve this soon :)

hope this helps, because my problem was exactly the same.

dnb88

Post by dnb88 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 am

I had the same issue. After installing Adobe 9 Extended none of the Sibelius menus or dialog boxes were visible. I fixed it by uninstalling adobe and then reinstalling it without the CAD support. Just go to Custom install and set the CAD options to "don't install"

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:24 pm

This problem is caused by Adobe 3D Capture, which is part of Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.

I've notified the folks at Adobe, but so far have not received any feedback from them.

stevethemusicman

Post by stevethemusicman » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi All,

I just had the same problem. All I had to do is to change the option by just changing the install using the programs uninstall/change menu (I have windows 7 64 bit).

I didn't even have to reboot for it to be fixed.

Thanks,
Steve

theJimmy

Post by theJimmy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:38 am

I am having this problem....I do not have or use Acrobat Pro. I just upgraded to a new computer with Windows 7 64-bit. Sibelius loads with the same screen issues as in the picture by SirJohn. Avid says that Sibelius 6 is compatible with Windows 7, so I shouldn't have to use VirtualPC, should I?

I am frustrated with this issue...

musicampo

Post by musicampo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:01 am

dspreadbury wrote:This problem is caused by Adobe 3D Capture, which is part of Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.

I've notified the folks at Adobe, but so far have not received any feedback from them.
Yes, uninstalling Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro solve the Sibelius's menu trouble in Win 7 Premium 64 bits. Now, it works fine.

Thx to dspreadbury for help