Sibelius 6 Rewire setup (with Ableton Live)

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
mzmaj7

Post by mzmaj7 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:10 pm

My Ableton Live host is able to detect Reason easily as a rewire client, but cannot seem to find Sibelius. According to Live's technical support, it should have no trouble detecting Sibelius. Additionally, I open Live before I do Sibelius, and still no luck.

What do I have to do in Sibelius to ensure a rewire connection?

Staticlines

Post by Staticlines » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 pm

Im currently having the same problem and have had no sucess trying to solve the problem. I have opened a TT with Abelton and will be contacting Sibelius support as well. Have you discovered any new alternatives?

mzmaj7

Post by mzmaj7 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:48 pm

I was able to initiate Sibelius through rewire by creating an audio track in Ableton. I found Sibelius there in the input menu.

My problem now is that only the whole mix -- all the instruments in Sibelius -- can be played on my Ableton track at once. I cannot delineate one instrument from another in Ableton. Whereas the Sibelius instruments are all on different channels, Ableton can only pick up the following channels:

Stereo: 1/2: Mix-L, Mix-R
Mono: 1: Mix-L
Mono: 2: Mix-R

(in the drop-down menu below the inputs)

These give me the entire arrangement, but I am interested in sequencing one Sibelius instrument per Ableton track.

Is this even possible to do with Sibelius?

jayendra

Post by jayendra » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:23 am

not atm - unfortunately

MrMoneypenny

Post by MrMoneypenny » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:35 am

jayendra wrote:not atm - unfortunately
I want this too, only receice stereo, left or right channel from sibelius.
read in another post, that sibelius must be able to support rewire 2.0 to take more than the stereo channel of Sibelius, but does not support this yet.

As as I understand the rewire thing, the rewire dll's of Sibelius must be in the VST folder of Live, isn't it?

1st starting Live, then Sibelius should enable the Siblius rewire connection to Live.

question: Is it possible to receive the tempo information from Sibelius to control Live Tempo or vice versa?
Sibelius 6, Ableton Live 8.1.5, XP Pro SP 2, lots of VST and a few hardware Synths