Printing multiple parts on a single page in Sibelius 4?

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
AbbeyHill

Post by AbbeyHill » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi

I have a score containing parts for a church music group (melody, alto, tenor, bass) and would like to be able to print a page containing two of these parts. i.e. melody & alto but i don't want them on the same stave, so the melody by itself taking up the top half of an A4 page, then the alto part underneath it taking up the bottom half of the page.

Is this possible in Sibelius 4 without printing out both parts seperately then sticking them together and photocopying?!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

matt

amadeus

hi

Post by amadeus » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 am

hello,

Actually this is quiet simple.

In sibelius you go to the parts option, you select the instrument,
next you click on 'staves in part' on the left side of the trashcan icon,
then you select the other "add to part" press "ok" and you're finished!

AbbeyHill

Post by AbbeyHill » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks for your reply, i'd done that already but what i'm trying to do is print out one part in the top half of the page, then the other part in the bottom half of the page, so they're seperate and not on the same stave. Any ideas?

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:36 pm

That's a bit more complicated, I'm afraid. You'd need to add an extra staff to the score, hide it in the bars played by the first instrument, then hide the original instrument halfway through so that the other instrument can appear, and do things like reset the bar numbering, etc. It's a fair bit of work.