keypad disappeared!

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
westemjay

Post by westemjay » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:30 am

In Sib 6, I discovered that for no apparent reason, the keypad has disappeared from the screen. It shows as "ticked" in the "window" menu, but doesn't appear. I have uninstalled and re-installed twice to no avail. Does anyone have a: a similar problem or b: a solution.

dalan

Post by dalan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:08 am

I too have had this issue with one of my screens disappearing. Mine is for my mixer. I have been using a large outboard monitor and was moving things around and all of a sudden it was gone.

I have a PC. I have looked at the translucency issue in preferences and see how that can make windows look invisible when set towards 100 percent. This is not the problem, it must be the other one suggested with the gathering of screens.

HOW DO I DO THIS ON PC?

dalan

Post by dalan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks Roman for all your help.

dsmusic

Post by dsmusic » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:53 pm

I think this is a great answer helped me alot i lost my screen for ages!

There are two possible reasons for this (maybe more, but 2 are likely).

1) In dropdown menu 'Sibelius 6>Preferences>Display>Tool Windows' you may have translucency on and set to 100. This will cause your windows to essentially be invisible. This is very likely in your case as you have the window ticked but can't see it. However, if you can see other tool windows then this isn't the case and it is scenario 2.

2) Your window is positioned off screen. This often happens when you use an external monitor from time to time and the window is placed off screen. One easy way to fix this is to 'gather windows'. On a Mac it is fairly easy, just go to System Preferences (not in Sibelius but for your computer) and go to Displays. There will be a button there for gathering windows. That should do the trick.

Purchase Sibelius 6 Educational, Sibelius 6 Professional & Sibelius Student from the largest Sibelius UK Dealers http://www.dsmusic.co.uk 01600 772770

dalan

Post by dalan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:22 am

Yes dsmusic. I tried the suggestions musictranscriber suggested. The opacity was not the problem but I learned where it was. The other suggestion was Mac platform related. I am on a PC.

I was able to fix the problem by going to Sibelius.com and downloading the newest updated version 6.2 bundle 88 I believe
http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/upda ... nload.html

This is a good thing to do for anyone as it is the latest update.

It fixed the problem too. What I do differently in Siblius is when I want to use the mixer, I click on the icon in the upper task bar and then adjust whatever settings I want and then click on the icon again and put it back in the tool bar. :D

wrightkt
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Mac

Post by wrightkt » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Command+Option+K brings the keypad back up on Sibelius 6, at least on a Mac. Not sure for a PC.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:32 pm

CTRL+ALT+K in Windows.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

BelleSilk
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by BelleSilk » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:55 pm

If you have Sibelius 7 or higher, (MAC) you click on the View tab at the top of the screen in the program. Then, you click Panels. Check the keypad box. The keypad (tool box icon) should be checked in order to be visible. If it's unchecked, it will not be visible on your screen. Hope that helps fellow MAC users at least! :)