Convert sixteenth notes to eights in swing music

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
oldharps

Post by oldharps » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:47 am

One of the most useful Plug-ins to me is "Straighten Written-out Swing." I use it a lot in dealing with swing music scores.

But when I do I end up with a lot of sixteenth notes preceded by sixteenth rests. Sometimes the sixteenth notes are tied to a longer note and sometimes they are followed by a rest. I would love to have a Plug-in that would convert every instance of a sixteenth rest followed by a sixteenth note to an eighth note of the same pitch as the sixteenth note. If the original score has a tie from the sixteenth note to the next note I would like to have the Plug-in keep the tie to the next note.

I looked at the procedure for creating Plug-ins, but life's too short. Can anyone make history by writing the code?

Thanks,
Al

oldharpd
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by oldharpd » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:45 pm

After posting this I noticed I neglected to say that the 1/16 rest could be either before or after the 1/16 note. I'm hoping that Bob Z will see this thread and suggest a solution other than a manual fix at each instance.