4 Bar Multi Repeat Problem

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
skipsax

Post by skipsax » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:59 am

Hope someone can help. Searching for an answer provided nothing.

Using Sibelius 6.2 on Mac OS 10.5.8 my multi measure repeats display fine for 1 and 2 measure repeats. The 4 measure repeat deletes my previous measure, leaving a blank measure before and after the 4 bar multi repeat.

If I attempt to paste the now missing measure prior to the 4 measure repeat, it makes the 4 measure repeat disappear. Same thing happens if I try to manually enter that missing bar prior to the 4 measure repeat.

Seems like a glitch. Any help? 6.2 is the newest version and I'm happy with OS 10.5.8
Stay well and play well.
Skip@SaxShed.com

Jeremy Hughes

Post by Jeremy Hughes » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:24 am

Hi there

What you're describing is the way this four-bar repeat works and looks. The 'blank' bars (the sign is to be seen as encompassing all four bars) are played back correctly.

I'm not sure what you're expecting to happen that isn't, so if you could post a score with what you are getting, and a detailed description of what you want, it might be helpful.

Hope that helps

Jeremy
music editor/engraver
iMac Intel 2GHz 2GB | OS X Version 10.6.5 Snow Leopard | Sibelius 6.2

skipsax

Post by skipsax » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:38 pm

[quote="Jeremy Hughes"]Hi there

What you're describing is the way this four-bar repeat works and looks. The 'blank' bars (the sign is to be seen as encompassing all four bars) are played back correctly.

Thanks Jeremy. Makes perfect sense. Now I see how it is handling it. I feel a bit stupid! :oops:
Stay well and play well.
Skip@SaxShed.com