title won't display in some parts but does in others

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
jeffcortazzo

Post by jeffcortazzo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:38 pm

For some reason, The title of my compositions will appear in say the clarinets but not the trumpets or percussion. Title is on the score and was created during initial setup of score. Help.
basbonenose

Tyler Johnson

Post by Tyler Johnson » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Sometimes when you go to the part view, the title is actually "above" the part, so see if you can drag it down a tiny bit. If not, print a .pdf file of the part and see how it turns out.

A lot of the time I've found that even with magnetic layout on, sometimes the title appears off the page.

jotunes
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by jotunes » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:11 pm

I am aware this thread is ancient, but I just had this issue and came up with tres simple and effective solution.

When title is showing on some parts and not others, CMD/CTRL-X, CUT, and I repeat CUT the title from a part wherein it's showing correctly, then paste it onto the afflicted part. It should populate the title across all parts.

If you try to create a new title where it's missing or COPY/paste the onto the part where it's missing it will make a big mess. The cut/paste solution works, just did it.

First post to the forum, hope it's useful to someone out there!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:55 am

When this happens it's usually because the title text is not attached to the very first bar and the parts in question have multirests at the start. IN THE SCORE, Use [ctrl/cmd]x to cut the title and then select the very first bar, even if it is a pickup bar and paste ([Ctrl/cmd]v it there. If there are places where it is off the top of the page, drag the top staff down until it arrives on the page and then drag it into place.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk