Missing Playback configurations?

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
timlabor

Post by timlabor » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:26 am

I recently had to permanently change to a new user account on my home computer in response to a registry problem with my previous user account.

Although I can open my scores, now I cannot access my old user's Sibelius playback configurations while running Sibelius from my new account.

How do I move these old configurations to a new user?

Tim

musictranscriber

Post by musictranscriber » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:45 am

Are you on a Mac or a PC?

Your files are stored in the application support for SIbelius.

On a mac:
Sibelius 6: users>yourname>library>application support>Sibelius>Sibelius 6>Playback Configurations
Sibelius 7: users>yourname>library>application support>Avid>Sibelius 7>Playback Configurations

Windows:
Sibelius 7.x:
Open a My Computer or Windows Explorer window and choose Tools > Folder Options
Choose the View tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is switched on, then click OK.
Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\

Sibelius 4.x, 5.x, 6.x:
Open a My Computer or Windows Explorer window and choose Tools > Folder Options
Choose the View tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is switched on, then click OK.
The next step depends on the version of Windows you're using:
On Windows Vista: Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\
On Windows XP/2000: Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data.
On Windows 98/Me: Navigate to C:\Windows\Application Data or C:\Windows\Profiles\Application Data, as appropriate.

Then just copy over the XML and the Data file for each configuration to the other users.

Best of luck!!!

-----------------------------------------
p.s. One of the greatest powers of Sibelius is the diverse body of plugins available. Check out http://themusictranscriber.com/store.php for some fun ones. If you engrave for a living you might wanna check out the new Score Log plugin for a great way to keep track of your billing!
The Music Transcriber
www.themusictranscriber.com
@musictranscribe