east west play in 7

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
alibomb

Post by alibomb » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi everyone

I am a female composer and singer who purchased the complete composer's collection HD by East West. It was a real chore to install this massive library. It took a few days to get it all going. Once it was done I also had to upgrade my ram (maxed out at 8 gigs on a macbook pro.) and get a good firewire box, as the hard drive ships without one. It worked without any hitches in logic. simply pick the instrument and change it to play, pick a sample and go. I recently began using sibelius 7.

I got a membership to macprovideo.com and have gone through both of their tuts. One is on 5 and one on 6. They were extremely informative and I would venture to say, far more helpful than the ones that come with the program. But I can not figure out how to change samples to third party stuff. The included samples sound terribly thin and weak. I am unable to see any button or option that would allow other samples or sampler to be used. I would like to use the "play" sampler that come with the sample library. This is partly because one of the libraries is a vocal collection with a word builder. If anyone knows of any tutorials that address this (or even something similar) I would be grateful!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Discussed ad nauseam on the official Sibelius Forum, together with details of the Sibelius soundsets you'll need for easy(ish) operation.

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3

Andy G

alibomb

Post by alibomb » Fri May 11, 2012 12:58 am

I generally prefer to go to user run sites. I haven't even had the time to get to my storage and dig out my box with the serial number, so I can get on to the avid site. If anyone knows how to use east west's play with sibelius 7, I would appreciate some pointers!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri May 11, 2012 6:09 am

Although it's Avid's site, it's very much 'run' by its contributors and is probably the only place that you're going to get the info you need. So dig out the s/no and sign up!