Putting 2 songs on one page

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
mrfdes

Post by mrfdes » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:32 am

I was wondering if the following is possible:

I am doing some songs in quarto format, the small sheets that fit into small books which can be put onto a wind instrument's music stand.

I was wondering if i can pu two songs on one page (to save paper when printing), with totally independent titles, different key signatures if neededin other words, completely different and independent.

I have tried using a system break at the end of song one, but when i add a new bar, the final barline in the fist song disappears in the first song, I know i can put a new one there, but it is hardly practical.

Also, there is no room for a new title, and when i change key or time signature (or even keep the time signature but rewrite it for the new song, the new time and key signatures appear at the end of the first song, which is very annoying.

Does anyone know how i can achieve the two songs on one page without those hiccups?

thanks in advance.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:11 pm

It is easy to do, but I suggest that you need to have a read through the Reference first before you embark on it!

Things like time sigs and key sigs have options for avoiding unwanted cautionaries on preceding lines, for example. You can add a new title by selecting the first bar of the new piece of music and go Create>Text>Title. Same thing for anything else. Yes, you'll have to add the final barline to the first piece, but that's just a couple of mouse clicks!

Do the formatting and layout last, after you've got everything else done.

As a test, I've just created two pieces on one page - random notes - and it took less than three minutes to do.

That should help, give it a go and do please read that book/onscreen help, it WILL save you time in the short and long term!

mrfdes

Post by mrfdes » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Thank you for your reply, andyg.

I have indeed been reading up a bit in the Sibelius 7 Reference Guide, and I have seen lots of occurrences of "cautionary" there.

However, none of the ones I tried (most of the ones I found) actually did the job.