Converting to audio- file vanishes

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
Ranowa

Post by Ranowa » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:15 am

I'm using Sibelius 7. I'm working on a large project for my music theory classes at university and have been converting scores to pdf and aiff formats all night when suddenly one wouldn't work. I would convert to audio successfully but then the .aiff file would be nowhere to be found anywhere on my computer. I've tried saving it to several different locations and have also simply copy and pasted every part into a brand new file to make sure that wasn't the issue; still nothing. This file also successfully converted to a pdf and put the file where it was supposed to go so it's an issue with the audio conversion.

If this is a computer problem, I'm using a Macbook Air OS X. But it's been working fine all night whereas my Sibelius has been crashing a lot lately so I want to think it's the latter.

Edit: Tried this with a completely different score and the exact same thing happened. Pdf saved where I told it to, and audio converted then didn't save anywhere that I can see.

Edit 2: I was running through all the files I actually managed to save as audio and making sure they worked; two files before it quit working the file is fine. The next file crashes itunes and in quicktime player it shows the file as having 0 minutes, 0 seconds. I'm guessing this is related?

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:36 pm

You might try restarting your Mac, then repair permissions (disk utility) then restart again.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

jasomelodic
Sibelius Version: fgsdfg
Operating System: Mac

Post by jasomelodic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:41 am

It's incredible, I have never heard before is incredible here.