Sibelius 7.1.3 Crashes when trying fix VST

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
burtmakai

Post by burtmakai » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:28 am

Hey there,

New member. I'm using Sibelius 7.1.3 on a PC and I'm having trouble getting the Playback to work properly. I have Sibelius installed to a Solid State Drive and the sounds on a regular HD. I'm trying to set it up but every time I reassign the folder and close the Playback Options Sibelius freezes and doesn't fix the setup. I can't get any of the sounds to playback. I'd even be happy with General MIDI.

Any ideas what to do?

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:54 pm

If there is an easy way to tell Sibelius where the sounds are, I'm not remembering it. There is a registry hack that will do it, but not for the faint of heart. If you installed Sibelius from DVDs then you could run the installation from the first DVD again. Include the sound installation making sure to install the sounds to the exact folder they are in now. No need to run the rest of the discs.
I also run an SSD in combination with an HDD. Money is tight, when I went down to the computer store to buy the 125GB SSD that I wanted, the salesperson talked me into the 250 version instead. I'm glad he did. I have Sibelius (and sounds) and video editing software on the SSD and everything else on the HDD. Sibelius' scores folder is also in the HDD. Sounds for large scores load twice as fast when they are on the SSD. If you have room, the best place for the sounds is on the SSD.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop