Help installing Sibelius 7 Sounds

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
Quiet
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by Quiet » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:36 am

Hi -- I'm trying to install the Sibelius 7 sounds (using Sibelius7SoundsDownlaoder710.exe on my Win7 PC) but I keep getting this error when I double-click the application:

No Internet connectivity detected. Please reconnect and try again

I do have Internet connectivity (I couldn't post this message if I couldn't.) So I searched online where some suggested disabling my firewall and antivirus software. Neither suggestion worked.

Other suggestions involved adding a DNS entry of 8.8.8.8. I tried doing this without knowing exactly what I was doing and that didn't work either. Some posts talked about using Pando Media Booster. Is this required? A quick googling of it says that it's malware. Not sure I want that on my system. Even if it isn't, I can't find anywhere to download it from.

I opened up a support ticket from Avid but haven't heard a thing so far. No idea this would be so difficult. Anyone have a different solution?

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Not sure if anyone will know the answer here. There are only 3 of us answering and I don't know!

I can tell you that it's a VERY big and LONG download, even on a superfast internet connection. Pando Media Booster has been discussed at length and as far as I can tell it's a way that Avid uses to allow peer to peer download to take the load off their servers.

I would NEVER disable my firewall or AV software when downloading anything, for very obvious reasons! If you've done this, do a full scan of your system immediately, just in case. Some software suggests that you disable them when installing the software, but Sibelius and the sound libraries have always installed with no problems in that respect.

Have you tried asking this (or searching) on the official Sibelius chat page?

Quiet
Sibelius Version: 7.5

Post by Quiet » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:17 pm

Thanks AndyG for responding. I kicked off a full scan. No problems found.

I think I'll call Avid for technical support. This is out of my league.