sib start

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
hughcrad
Sibelius Version: 6-2
Operating System: Windows

Post by hughcrad » Fri May 08, 2015 9:03 am

I have sib 6 on my external hard drive It runs perfect on my lap top but when I plug into my desk top computer it will not open.
can somebody explain why this could be .

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Sun May 10, 2015 9:18 am

Vague description of the problem, but I'll guess that you installed it onto the external drive (not a great idea) while it was plugged into the laptop. So of course it won't run on the other computer. It's not meant to be installed that way, and isn't meant to be 'portable'. You can install onto as many computers as you wish, but you can only have 2 installations active at any time.

Bottom line? Install it correctly.

hughcrad
Sibelius Version: 6-2

Post by hughcrad » Wed May 13, 2015 5:34 am

I did not install while connected to laptop .I installed on an old desktop and when I replaced the old desk top with a new one
I I moved the folder containing the Sibelius files to the portable hard drive, and it worked ok on the new desk top for a while
then for some reason just refused to open.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Thu May 14, 2015 8:53 am

Not surprised, you can't just do that and expect it to work flawlessly, you're lucky it worked at all.

As I said, install it correctly on as many computers as you wish, registering it as required. If you haven't got the original CD, all registered users can download the final or current versions of their software from the official Sibelius site.

If you didn't de-register your installation(s) then you have to contact Avid directly. They're helpful on this sort of thing for all registered users, I had a hard drive failure on a Mac that 'lost' one of my Sib 7 activations. One email got it sorted within hours.