Tempo problems with Sibelius 5 export

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
soundcontrol
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by soundcontrol » Sun May 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi,I am not a Sibelius user, a total newbie on the program, but I'm working on a project and I just got Sibelius 7, thought that would help solve my tempo problem but it didn't. Have a 26 minute long piece with time signature changes and tempo changes written in Sib 5 by another guy, exported from Sib 5 to MIDI files that were imported into my Pro Tools system. The audio export from Sib 5 was also used to add live drums, bass, guitar and a choir. (So I really have to match the old tempo). So what I have is SIB 5 MIDI files, SIB 5 project file and audio from Sib 5. (and the new recorded audio is in sync with the Sib 5 audio).

Now I want to replace some of the sounds, but the MIDI files imported in Pro Tools does not match the tempo of the audio files I have, I do have an audio click from the Sib 5 export also. It's not a big mismatch, seem like its fine up to the first tempochange, then its drifting, seems to drift more during tempo changes than during longer passages with a steady tempo, the whole piece if off by a few sec at the end. It's not a sample rate problem.

I have tried importing in Logic also, same problem, I tried to run the Sib file in Sib 7, to Pro Tools via Rewire, same problem. The tempo changes were first made with tempo marks in Sib 5, then we tried to change that to Metronome marks, and re-export all files, with no luck. The Sib 5 version is 5.25 and computer is a Mac Pro it was made on, what I'm trying to import the MIDI to now is Pro Tools 11.3 on a Mac Pro.

What we should have done is used Sib 7 for the audio export that we recorded the live drums etc. to, but thats too late now.

If anyone has any idea on a solution to this it would be great!

thanks,
Ken