Jerky movement on Mac

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
Ruth McCall

Post by Ruth McCall » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:39 am

I have a Sibelius 7 1.3 and ever since I installed it on my MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan, there is jerky movement as I drag the pages around with my cursor. I find it gives me a headache as I watch the score move around from page to page. There is also a delay on the movement. Any advice appreciated!

Alaina15
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by Alaina15 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Thanks for posting

DavidKowaleski
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by DavidKowaleski » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:21 pm

I have a new macbook pro and a new imac pro both running Sibelius 7.3.1 with Mojave. Sibelius seems to run acceptably well on the Macbook but on the Imac Pro, it ran surprisingly slow and the graphics were unacceptably sluggish. When I went into Sibelius preferences-textures and selected "use color not texture" Sibelius ran much faster. This is surprising, for a computer with that much "horsepower" Everything else runs great leaving me to wonder if there's is some deficiencies in the Sibelius code that render it unable to take advantage of 16 cores and a very respectable graphics card. I've been using this program since version 3 and I'm seeing the writing on the wall that perhaps me and Sibelius may have to part ways eventually and move to some other program. I'm not sure that Avid is all that committed to it or has the resources to keep it progressing. This would be a huge undertaking since I have thousands of scores that I would have to try to convert over.....

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:42 am

That version of Sibelius will only run on 2 cores(set in Preferences) and doesn't require any special graphics card.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop