Avid Link Won't Open - "Your Computers Clock Has Been Set Back..."

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
thequinnyd
Sibelius Version: Ultimate 2019.9
Operating System: Windows

Post by thequinnyd » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:31 am

Hello. I run Sibelius on Windows 10 and have an issue with Avid Link verifying my Sibelius licence. Every time I try to open Sibelius, it gives me the dialogue: "your 30-day trial has ended." When I hit activate, it proceeds to open avid link, and then immediately says:

"Your computer's clock appears to have been set back, which has caused licenses to become invalid. Please verify the accuracy of your computers clock and try again. Application can't continue to work and will be terminated."

I have checked my computers clock and it is fine. I tried uninstalling both Sibelius and Avid Link, but it didn't fix the problem. It worked fine for months leading up to this.

Please Help!

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:26 pm

What version of Sibelius?

Some folks have issues with W10 updates causing problems. Some folks have problems because they don't keep their computers updated. Un-installing seldom works because it is very difficult to un-install everything that has to do with Sibelius.

What is different about your computer since this started happening? New hardware or software?

Before you open Sibelius, try this. Restart your computer. Go to the "Avid License Control" folder. Mine is at C:/Program files (x86)/Avid/Avid License Control. Or run a search for it. Select the exe. From here you can activate or de-activate Sibelius. It may take a few tries. The other tab will give you info about your installation.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

thequinnyd
Sibelius Version: Ultimate 2019.9
Operating System: Windows

Post by thequinnyd » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:45 am

After reading your reply, I checked to see if my Windows was up to date, which it was not. After updating, it works flawlessly.

Thank you!