Computer sound is extremely loud whenever I open Sibelius with headphones

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
puppetjax
Sibelius Version: 2021.9
Operating System: Windows

Post by puppetjax » Wed May 04, 2022 7:44 am

Whenever I open Sibelius, not just the sound coming from Sibelius, but all computer sound becomes extremely loud; like bleed-inducingly loud. It led to quite the embarassing scene in the library when I nearly jumped out of my seat and scrambled to shove my headphones off, my heart racing for minutes afterward.

This only occurs through my headphones, and I only began noticing it once I installed NotePerformer 3. It goes away once I unplug my headphones and plug them back in. It does not stop after I close Sibelius. I believed the issue lied with ASIO4ALL, but found that it also occurs while using the Primary Sound Driver. I should also mention that it does not matter if I am actually using NotePerformer, as it begins once that orchestral track that plays when you first open Sibelius begins; very abruptly I might add. NotePerformer is not my default audio configuration. I have tried researching this issue but haven't found a situation even similar to this. Someone please help! I've accidentally jumpscared myself so many times I've been conditioned to be afraid of opening Sibelius.