Help! Error code 5: error initializing the licensing engine??

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
nolak
Sibelius Version: 8

Post by nolak » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:05 pm

Hi! New here. I have Sibelius for education (I'm doing music gcse) which I bought in April. A few weeks ago my mum received an email telling her that she needed to update her card that is linked to my account (although we only bought a year's subscription). I actioned this yesterday. However, when I then tried to open up Sibelius as usual on my Windows laptop, (running Windows 11) it told me that I needed to reactivate my license, and when I tried to press on this, it came up with 'error code5: critical error initialising the licensing engine' and shut the programme down. This also happens when I try to open Avid Link. Please can someone advise me on what to do? I've read through all forums and q&A's relating to this issue and tried to contact Avid but to no avail. Thanks!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:47 am

Answered on the official forum. As you are on that one, don't bother with this unofficial one. The three of us that answer questions here are also over there! :)