Stopping Sibelius Altering Sample Rate and Buffer Size

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
DeclanFlannery
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by DeclanFlannery » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:27 pm

Hi all!

Long time Sib user here but have a convenience question that I'm hoping someone can help with. So I use Sibelius regularly and on my work setup in my studio I have the computer it's installed on connected to most of my audio equipment including my interface - a Focusrite 20i18. Due to issues with another program - not specifically music related - that I use regularly I have to have my sample rate set at 48000 and my buffer size set at 192 - I can't tell you why but apparently it's a known issue with the program's compatability with Focusrite interfaces and this is the only fix out there. Now Sibelius seems to prefer 44100 and 1024 and I get some wacky tuning issue on account of using the other settings. That, I can put up with fine - I hardly use Sib for the playback after all! - but what's more irritating is the fact that every time I open Sib it'll default my settings back to 44100 and 1024 and I'll have to manually change them over again. It's not a huge deal but it's definitely more than a little vexxing given how often I use both programs and how often I use them together. If anyone knows a way to stop Sibelius from altering them I'd be very grateful!

Many thanks for any and all help everyone and I hope you all have a great day!