Sibelius Intergration

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
Retaw

Post by Retaw » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:02 am

I would love to see rewire support added. It would be fantastic to be able to send midi info from Sibelius into cubase, reason or fl studio.
More importantly though I would like to see Sibelius integrated into a host program as a VSTi. By this I mean being able to load sibelius into cubase and assign Sibelius's output to the input of a midi channel which could then be outputted to a VSTi like hypersonic or a sampler or sf2 player. Kind of like what groove agent can do. Obviously things like chords etc would be left out so it would just be a scaled down version which is fine. It would also be great to be able to take a stave and drag it onto the cubase sequencer similar to what stylus rmx does. This kind of integration would save so much time in exporting and importing midi files. I basically just want to be able to write music in cubase the same way I do in Sibelius with the keypad + keyboard... its just soo much faster then sequencing it out and so much easier to read what you're writing. Not to mention Sibelius creats nice vilocity data.

Lindpop

Post by Lindpop » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:25 pm

+1
A rewire 2!
Either where you could load the staves as single instrument and choose rewire channel in Cubase or choose instrument from Cubase or both.

delgado

Post by delgado » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:29 pm

musictranscriber wrote:Retaw and Lindpop,
I assume you are both not using Sibelius 6. This rewire inclusion is one of the major updates from Sib 5 to Sib 6. If you are using Sibelius 6 simply review the manual, section 4.16 talks about how to utilize rewire.
Unfortunately, the posters you address are in fact correct, the curent rewire implementation of Sib6 into the sequencer is limited to the audio feed of the Sibelius mix output to one single stereo track in Cubase. No midi data exchange. So all you get is an audio polishing of the score mix by means of Cubase FX. Obviously the interest lies in realtime reflection of midi data manipulation within Cubase in the rewired Sibelius score, and that is not happening in the current Rewire.