Better dynamics and parts

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
asabru88

Post by asabru88 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:49 am

It would be nice if Sibelius had the playback of dynamics that finale has. And something that can match human playback better.

And if sibelius had the option to make individual parts from a single staff, eg F Horn 1&2 on same staff to seperate parts

Zapruder

Post by Zapruder » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:07 pm

When you take time to examine Sibelius more closely, you will find that playback of dynamics can be adapted to you own preferences. Also, "human playback" is tweakable just as you like.
And YES, you can very easily make two separate parts from one staff. You have to study the use of different voices though.
All this is described in detail in the crystal clear User Manual .........

Zap
# I am NOT a "Professional Sibelius Trainer"
# Please state the Chapter(s) of the Sibelius User Guide you already searched in order to solve your problem.
# Remember that this is not an official Sibelius website.

asabru88

Post by asabru88 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:08 am

You can tweek the dynamics, but they don't playback automatically like finale does. And in the parts for finale, you can set which noted to show, like first or second voice, automatically in the parts manager. As far as I now, Sibelius can it, but it's a pain in the butt to set up. And I don't really like running the dynamic playback plugin for every cresc./dim.