Condensed score view

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
badjezz

Post by badjezz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:14 pm

It would be great if you could select a "condensed score view".
For example:
Im working on a big band arrangement with a lot of block voicings which can be rather difficult to overview on separate staffs. I would be nice to be able to switch to a view where, for instance, the four trumpet staffs are condensed to one staff.
On this staff I can input the entire block voicing on a midi keyboard and then switch back to normal view. This would save a lot of time and make the arrangement easier to overlook.

/Badjezz

Zapruder

Post by Zapruder » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:05 pm

Hm, here is the thing ... you *can* do this in Sibelius ... with a little brainpower :D

Here is how to do it (4 Tpts as example):

- Create a staff on which you will create the block chords (for instance: an extra Pno system for Tpts (top staff) and Tbns (Bottom Staff)

- Create the block chords in the top staff
- When creating, be smart and also include articulation and dynamics!
- When creating is done, select the passage of music (block chords) you just created and do [Ctrl+C] (= Copy)
- Now select one bar of ALL 4 trumpets (you know, Click and Shift+click)
- With this bar selected, go to Notes > Arrange (or Ctrl+Shift+V for Win)
- In this Arrange Window, select 1 Family Brass
- Click on OK
- Now, all the music is spread out onto the 4 trumpets staves, including articulation, dynamics, text, etc (if included during creation)

- When you're finally done you can delete the "Block Chord Instrument" or you can use "Focus on Staves" to make them disappear.

Let me know if all this makes any sense to you.

Be well,

Zap
# I am NOT a "Professional Sibelius Trainer"
# Please state the Chapter(s) of the Sibelius User Guide you already searched in order to solve your problem.
# Remember that this is not an official Sibelius website.