No more text styles

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
redfrogmusic

Post by redfrogmusic » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:52 am

I wish no more text styles; it is to much, if you have to edit scores of different composers and arrangers you cannot simply find the textstyle in which the text was written. And then when you get a file from a Sibelius version in a different language problems grow, sudenly you also have textstyles in German or French, great Sibelius!!!
Just give me a text editor which shows you what style si being used.
Red Frog Music see website for some fine chambermusic
PC AMD Phenom 9500 +AMD Phenom II X6 2.6 Ghz
, Finale 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011, Sibelius 5, 6, Capella, Primus e.o.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:25 pm

redfrogmusic wrote:I wish no more text styles; it is to much, if you have to edit scores of different composers and arrangers you cannot simply find the textstyle in which the text was written.
In Sibelius 5 you can delete many unneeded text styles, and if you import a House Style fewer duplicates are imported - an improvement over previous versions.

The Text style, font and size are shown in the Text pane of the Properties Window if you select a piece of text.

But I agree with you that it would be really nice if a proper text editor could be included for text in a future version of Sibelius.