Wish List2 - Speedy Entry mode in Sibelius!!!!

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
dnino4

Post by dnino4 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Guys, It does not make any sense. When you are writing music, what comes first to your mind? the Sound or the rythms? You are at the piano, and want to compose. What is first? the melodies or the rythms? of course the melodies or chords, then, you say, ok, I want this to be an eight note. Sibelius, (Wonderful and beautiful software!) does it just INVERTED!! It forces you to figure out first the values of the musical idea, and then you can play and write down the music. I WISH, THE GUYS AT SIBELIUS ALLOW US TO INVERT THE FUNTION: PLAY FIRST AND THEN CHOOSE WHAT VALUE IS.

SECONDLY: When you enter notes using a keyboard. Following the anathomy of the human body. What is the hand that you use more? In most cases the RIGHT hand is the one that plays the note in the keyboard. Right? yes, left hand does some job too. (don't feel bad- left handers) Now, where are the note selection funtion in Sibelius located? in the "Numeric key pad" at your extreme right!! No very confortable right?

I WISH THAT the sibelius developers allow us to have some options to select value note somewhere in the center of the keyboard. Like in Finale, # 3, 4 , 5 etc. it is more anatomically correct.

Some sibelius freak will say, so, why don't you switch to Finale? I will respond, in a balace, Sibelius is my first choice. I just DREAM of the day in which I can have;

1. speedy entry in the oposit order; Note and then value.
2. Note value selection NOT at the Extreme right of the keyboard! or at least a second option.
3. Wave import! lovely, and scroll view.

DO YOU THINK THAT IT WILL EVER HAPPEN??

What is are your thoughts?

acoustix4711

Post by acoustix4711 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:02 pm

>> 2. Note value selection NOT at the Extreme right of the keyboard! or at least a second option. <<

You are completely free to set up your own keyboard layout (Preferences - Menus and Shortcuts).

>> 3. . . . scroll view. <<

Included in Sibelius 5.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:59 am

dnino4 wrote:3. Wave import!
You can already import a wav file (using the Video window). You can sync to it, though if you want to record it with your Sibelius score to an audio file you need an external recorder (e.g. Audacity).