Non-Standard Key-Signature

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
TheXxxX

Post by TheXxxX » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:15 am

I wish for the option to make your own key signature, also, it should include such enharmonic key signatures as G-sharp Major and E-sharp Major, (I need G-Sharp Major for my composition)
Finished Transcribing:
Alkan: Grande Sonata Quatre le Ages, Le Chemin de Fer ;Rimsay Korsakov: The Flight of the Bumblebee; Johannes Brahms: Hungarian Dances no.5

Transcibing: Alkan: Comme Le Vent. Balakirev: Islamey

CSpencer

Post by CSpencer » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 am

Anything can be done in Sibelius if you're willing to put enough long and frustrating hours into it. You can create key signatures manually by hitting Z (for symbols) scrolling down to the accidentals section, selecting the flats or sharps you want (or half flats, half sharps, double flats, double sharps, etc.), and painstakingly dragging them into place on your score. You can build whatever key signature your heart desires using this method, just expect to spend time dragging the little buggers back to where they belong regularly because symbols tend to wander around as the score is resized or respaced. Of course, your playback won't reflect these symbol-based key signatures. The way to get around this is to add redundant accidentals where needed and hide them (select the accidental and hit ctrl-shift-H on a PC). A patient person can accomplish amazing things in Sibelius with symbols and hiding.

Just out of curiosity, why on earth G# Major and not Ab Major?

TheXxxX

Post by TheXxxX » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:11 am

G# Major for the 24 cents diff.

And because I want it that way.

But seriously, if Finale supports it, why not Sibelius?
Finished Transcribing:
Alkan: Grande Sonata Quatre le Ages, Le Chemin de Fer ;Rimsay Korsakov: The Flight of the Bumblebee; Johannes Brahms: Hungarian Dances no.5

Transcibing: Alkan: Comme Le Vent. Balakirev: Islamey