Overture + Finale + Graphire = Sibelius

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
odot

Post by odot » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:34 am

I'm using a lot of Notation software, and i found that Cakewalk (now GVOX) Overture 2.11 is the very easiest software to use... but, Sibelius is the most powerful software !!! and i would like to wish that, a power of sibelius combined with the easy to use Overture and added with some Finale and Graphire functions !!!! that's always been my dream everyday !!!

cmbos

Post by cmbos » Sun May 21, 2006 7:18 am

That isn't quite true. Although I have switcht from Finale tot Sibelius, I must confess Finale is far more advanced than Sibelius.

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:50 am

I'd be very interested to hear in which ways you believe Finale to be "much more advanced" than Sibelius. Especially in recent years, the gap between the more esoteric functions of the programs has closed tremendously, and indeed Sibelius has many powerful and unique features that Finale simply cannot match, including dynamic parts, digital video support, great educational features like copy-paste graphics export, an entire music education curriculum built-in, and more.

Julian Bessie

Post by Julian Bessie » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:17 pm

dspreadbury wrote:Sibelius has many powerful and unique features that Finale simply cannot match, including dynamic parts, digital video support
Of course Finale will have both of these in two weeks time.