Chord Symbols - color coded

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
pimentinho

Post by pimentinho » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:11 pm

I am writing a piano course and I am needing to have the basic chord symbols in a special way … first – need them to be with a circle around them (I can do this in Sibelius) … second… I want to have the circle have a fill with different colors such as …chord C in red … chord F in green … chord G in blue …. I may need to have the chord letter in a different font and a different color … for example … the chord C with a background of red but the font in bold white.

Color is everything in my teaching style … I have Finale but I want to use Sibelius … but I need this option …

Any suggestions how I can do this … can I create my own library and put it in … can I modify the existing chord library
dave potter

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:22 pm

pimentinho wrote: I am needing to have the basic chord symbols in a special way
If it is only the basic chords you might be better off making the symbols in a graphics program and importing as TIFF files. You can make solid circles in Sibelius with a text object, change their colour, and (in Sibelius 6) position the chord symbol on top of them in a different colour. But that would mean doing at least one of each symbol by hand. I think it would be less fuss to use a graphics program.

So far as I know there is no way of making this kind of thing part of the library.