Can I have a "move everything" Santa?

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
britfid

Post by britfid » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:20 pm

If I wish to move some bars from page 6 & 7, for example, to be pages 2 & 3. I know I can use Passage Selection (single outline) or System Selection (double outline) and these move or copy most stuff.

However, they don't replicate everything. If I am pasting to a measure with a different key signature, my pasting takes the signature of the area it is moving to, and if I have adjusted the bars per system, I lose that as well.

A proper cut & paste of EVRYTHING would be wonderful. Can the elves work it out?
I'm interested in fiddle tunes, english, irish, scottish, american old-timey, etc. If anyone has any available as .sib files, especially for free, please let me know.

MichaelSel

Post by MichaelSel » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:54 am

Ctrl+Click the bar, hold shift and mark the bars you need and then copy or cut.

britfid

Post by britfid » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:36 am

Thank you Michael, but you seem to have missed the point. Carry out the operation you describe, moving, for example, some bars written in one key signature, eg G major, to some empty bars which already have a different key signature, say D majory. The cut & paste or copy & paste doesn't work on the key signature for a start, does it? Musictranscriber offers a plugin but it doesn't work for S5.
I'm interested in fiddle tunes, english, irish, scottish, american old-timey, etc. If anyone has any available as .sib files, especially for free, please let me know.