rhythm section annoyances

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
mrjoe

Post by mrjoe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 am

I wish the designers and programmers could come up with an easy and reliable way to make rhythm section parts. the Rhythm Section Assistant plug-in is ok, I suppose, but really should be a whole lot better. Plus it hasn't worked well since Sib4: in drum parts you have to tediously drag every single rest up out of the staff, and it causes serious program crashes at times.
To make a drum part, you need to copy figures from various parts and paste them to the top line of the staff with stems up. You also often need to write figures in that are simplified compared to a figure that is in another part. Surely that can't be so difficult to solve.
To make chord slash parts, you need a notehead that doesn't transpose. Ever. Under any circumstances. It should be in the middle of the staff no matter what the clef or transposition. Can't anyone program such a beast? Encore (which had a superior basic design, even back in the early 90's but didn't keep up and is now riddled with problems) used a rest instead of anote for slashes (you assigned an "attribute" to your rest so that it appeared as a slash....and therefore didn't move when you pasted it into a transposing part)...can't Sibelius find an equally good solution for slashes?
Anyway, that is my wish....an intelligently designed, fast and reliable system for making RS parts.
Joe