Cross staff notes: slurs and tuplets improvement

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
xavierpages

Post by xavierpages » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:38 pm

I have experienced that when staff-crossing notes, slurs and tuplets do not attach properly, and have to be moved manually (if you later change the distance between the staffs, then all the manually moved items, are also displaced relative to the notes...).
Thanks,
Xavier.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm

xavierpages wrote: . . . if you later change the distance between the staffs . . . .
Don't do the formatting until all the input is finished and the main layout is done (e.g. staff spacing). There are many adjustments in Sibelius which are best left to last, since Sibelius will make changes to the score as you go, and quite a few of the changes you make will have flow-on effects, as you have seen.

Admittedly sometimes it's difficult to work out the best order to do all the last-minute things. Anything 'cross-staff' is going to be tricky, so it should come very late in the work order.

xavierpages

Post by xavierpages » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Thank you Sebasian,
I have found, though, a possible solution that is working fine for me. When I do a cross staff, I copy the contents of the original staff to the other, and I hide them. Then, I mark the slurs and tuplets that I need to be shown, and with a minor adjustmentm they keep together with the music (hopefully!).
I hope this may help to people who has the same problem.
Best regards,
Xavier.